here’s one bed (of two) we have planted in mixed flowers
here’re your flower boquets, in buckets, ready for you!
in your crate – Harvest 13
winter – spaghetti squash (full shares)
black czech hot pepper
some salad mix
* We are racing toward fall. Basil is our canary in a coal mine. It is the most delicate and fragile to the cold. It will be the first crop we lose to the cold. If you’d like additional basil, please do place an order now, to beat the die-off. It’s $5.50 per half pound.
*Summer Squash is nearing the end of its useful harvest life too.
recipe- Harvest 13- Broiled Beet Slices (Angelic Organics)
In this dish, tender slices of baked beets are coated in a garlicky-sweet teriyaki sauce and placed under the broiler. serves 4 to 6
12 small or 6 medium beets scrubbed, trimmed
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon minced or pressed garlic (about 6 cloves)
1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
1. Pre-heat oven 400 degrees F
2. Place beets in small roasting pan with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil, bake ’til beets are easily pierced with sharp knife, 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size.
3. Preheat boiler
4. Allow beets to cool slightly, then run under cool water and slip off their skins. Slice inot 1/4 inch rounds.
5. Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce or tamari. When the ingredients are thoroughly combined, remove from heat.
6. Put beets in shallow baking pan and pour syrup mixture over them. Broil, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.