I’d like to say a very huge Thank You to Tom.
Thank you Tom!
Tom took the time to re-format our CSA Survey, making it ever more legible.
Recently I saw a movie. A group of young characters are gathered around a computer. One of the women says, “Step back to about here,” she steps back 10 feet or so, “that’s what it looks like to someone 35 or older.”
I do really like the WordPress format we use for our website. I’ve found it to be user friendly enough, usually does what I want it to do, more or less easily. Yeah, yeah, there’re things I’d like different or some features I’ve seen elsewhere that’d be cool to use here.
One thing I do find to be a hassle on WordPress: often the formatting does not go directly from the “Add New Post” to the actual “Post”. It’ll re-format, often not for the better, between the two. So what I compose looks different than what you receive. And no matter if I go back and change it to what I’d prefer, it’ll again re-format….
Tom has helped me with that in the case of our 2015 CSA survey.
We do really appreciate your feedback. This is your CSA. Let us know what you think.
Some feedback we’ve already received: “no need to spend your time on recipes or nutrition, just tell us about your farm!” Many, many people tell me they simply use google for recipes. Or pinterest.
We don’t have the need or desire to re-create the wheel (especially on the internet). We do like to have at least a minimal amount of info about the veggies. At least something to get us all started. And especially recipes you all have sent our way. Or recipes we have tried and given our stamp of approval to. The recipe sharing, among our CSA shareholders, is something we’d like to see much more of. But how do we encourage this?
click here for a link:
or, here’s the best I can do having it posted directly to this post:
Thank you greatly for taking your valuable time to complete this. Your answers will help us better understand your needs (and how we might better meet them). Your frank evaluation is invaluable; don’t hesitate to tell us the “good, the bad, the ugly”.
Our focus and intent is to economize our CSA efforts and finances. We are trying to “work smarter” as we “work harder”. We continue to put our farm efforts where they best make most Shareholders most happy, contented, and satisfied.
1. Do you have a full share __ a half share __
2. How many people eat from your share ___
3. Do you expect to purchase a share next year? Yes__ No__
4. If no, please detail (this could be a most valuable lesson for us):
5. Which veggies (that will grow here) do you most want from us?
6. Which veggies that we grew, do you least want from us?
7. On a scale of 1 to 10 (terribly inadequate to perfectly adequate): Through our pre-season telephone conversations, emails, and/or website materials: Did we prepare you and your expectations for the seasonality, the uncertainties, the vagaries, and the “reality” of this CSA__ How could we improve this communication? What more should we express?
8. The price you paid was: A Steal __A Worthy Deal__ Too Much For Too Little__
9. On a scale of 1 to 10 (awful to fantastic), how have you found the veggie’s presentation__, cleanliness__, freshness__, sufficiently bagged__, quantity__, variety__, overall shelf-life in your fridge__, taste__
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (no value to (nearly) priceless) how valuable are the flowers__the stand-by, familiar veggies__, the odd-ball, new-to-you veggies__, the Share Crate__, your families nutrition__, seasonal eating__, local food production__, organics__, diversity in your diet__, home-cooking__, cooking from scratch__, experimenting with new foods__ “knowing your farmer”__, investing in your local community__, sharing food, food prep with your children__.
11. Did your participation in our CSA satisfy, or further these (1 to 10, “definitely not!” to “absolutely, positively!”)__
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 (no value to (nearly) priceless), How valuable is our CSA communication to you__
13. On our Website or Facebook, how valuable is our communication regarding: Recipes__, In your crate__, Notes about Veggies__, Photos__, Nutritional Contents__, Freezing/Canning/Drying (extending your harvest)__, Info about our farming practices__,
14. How valuable is our Website__, our Facebook__
15. How important is an annual, on-farm event to you (i.e. the garlic harvest party)__ Work Bee opportunities__ No work, just a tour of the farm__ the “Community” in a CSA__
16. Have we met your overall expectations (1 to 10, not at all to very well met): __
17. Any other thoughts you might like to share with us?
Thanks for your time! Thanks for your honesty!
Please detail any of your answers. Feel free to include any other suggestions, feedback, constructive criticisms, questions, comments, inspirations….